It can be difficult to follow the latest developments in the rapidly-evolving battle to contain the novel coronavirus. Every day there’s a new barrage of headlines about the virus’ impact locally, and abroad. Health officials are routinely updating the public on new presumptive and confirmed cases, and world economies have been on a dizzying roller-coaster ride.
The latest on the coronavirus will be posted on this page every day. The compilation of stories will be updated frequently to help give you a one-stop spot for up-to-date and pertinent information. Bookmark this page to stay up-to-date.
If you feel any symptoms and want more information about COVID-19, visit the Region of Waterloo public health page.
June 21 updates:
- Canada has 1,409,195 cases of the novel coronavirus in total — 542,198 of those cases are in Ontario. Of those cases, there have been 9,019 deaths, and 529,506 people have recovered. There have been 26,079 deaths and 1,371,659 recoveries in Canada.
- The number of cases in Ontario is listed on the Ontario government’s health page.
- The number of global cases and cases in Canada, by province or territory, are listed on Canada’s public health page (the students, staff self-isolating after positive COVID-19 case in public school age is updated later in the day).
- The World Health Organization has a daily report containing all the suspected and confirmed cases in the world (the report is released later in the day).
- For a full list of community event cancellations and postponements, click here.
June 21 stories:
- 11 new COVID-19 cases in Guelph from Friday to Monday morning
- Ontario reports 270 COVID-19 cases, three deaths on Monday
- Canada to unveil travel rules for fully vaccinated citizens, permanent residents
- Accelerated second dose eligibility expands across Ontario today
- Canada to get 5.2m COVID-19 vaccine doses this week, Pfizer shipment slightly delayed
June 18 stories:
- Region reports 60 new COVID cases Friday
- One new COVID-19 case confirmed in Guelph on Friday
- Ontario reports 345 new cases of COVID-19, one death, over 210,000 vaccinations
- Restrictions at U.S. border to remain in place until end of July, Blair says
- Redman releases statement on Delta COVID-19 spread
- Waterloo, Cambridge foregoing traditional Canada Day celebrations
- Ontarians say initial vax appointments tough to cancel once earlier dose booked
- Delta likely already dominant strain in region as close contact drives transmission
- Region provides update on enforcement actions related to COVID safety measures
- Leader of local distribution task force provides vaccine update
- Region works to get out ahead of latest COVID-19 outbreak in local shelter system
- Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health says ‘significant’ number of vaccine appointments are available Saturday
- Regina Street pop-up clinic booking appointments for this weekend
- Vaccine deliveries enough to fully vaccinate all eligible Canadians by end of July