It can be difficult to follow the latest developments in the rapidly-evolving battle to contain the novel coronavirus. Every day there’s a new barrage of headlines about the virus’ impact locally, and abroad. Health officials are routinely updating the public on new presumptive and confirmed cases, and world economies have been on a dizzying roller-coaster ride.
The latest on the coronavirus will be posted on this page every day. The compilation of stories will be updated frequently to help give you a one-stop spot for up-to-date and pertinent information. Bookmark this page to stay up-to-date.
If you feel any symptoms and want more information about COVID-19, visit the Region of Waterloo public health page.
October 27 updates:
- Canada has 222,670 cases of the novel coronavirus in total — 72,051 of those cases are in Ontario. Of those cases, there have been 3,103 deaths, and 61,530 people have recovered. There have been 10,001 deaths and 186,244 recoveries in Canada.
- The number of cases in Ontario is listed on the Ontario government’s health page.
- The number of global cases and cases in Canada, by province or territory, are listed on Canada’s public health page (the page is updated later in the day).
- The World Health Organization has a daily report containing all the suspected and confirmed cases in the world (the report is released later in the day).
- For a full list of community event cancellations and postponements, click here.
October 27 stories:
- Region adds nine new COVID-19 cases
- One new COVID-19 case confirmed in Guelph Tuesday
- Ontario reports 827 new COVID-19 cases today, and four new deaths related to the virus
- Trudeau says pandemic ‘really sucks,’ and that Christmas gatherings are up in the air
- Two more Catholic school students test positive for COVID-19
- Region feeling impact of province-wide flu vaccine shortage
- Grand River Hospital moves cancellations for COVID testing online
- The latest numbers on COVID-19 in Canada for Tuesday, Oct. 27
- City of Kitchener approves 10-year economic recovery plan
- Mayors, construction industry, call on Ontario and feds for infrastructure money
- Ontario long-term care commission will grant workers anonymity
- Canada surpasses 10,000 deaths from COVID-19
October 26 stories:
- Region reports seven new COVID cases
- 17 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Guelph Monday
- Ontario reports 851 new COVID-19 cases today, and six new deaths related to the virus
- Staff member at Catholic school in Kitchener tests positive for COVID-19
- Two workers at Cambridge Toyota plant contract COVID-19
- Two new COVID-19 cases puts active case total in Guelph schools at 10 in five schools
- Santa Claus parade organizers in K-W get crafty, announce safe alternative
- Niagara-area dog tests positive for COVID-19 but most pets are still safe
- The latest numbers on COVID-19 in Canada for Monday, Oct. 26
- Ontario set to decide on imposing new restrictions on Halton, Durham regions
- 200 Quebec fitness businesses say they will reopen despite COVID-19 restrictions
- Further pandemic shut downs in Ontario ‘inevitable’: biostatistician