It can be difficult to follow the latest developments in the rapidly-evolving battle to contain the novel coronavirus. Every day there’s a new barrage of headlines about the virus’ impact locally, and abroad. Health officials are routinely updating the public on new presumptive and confirmed cases, and world economies have been on a dizzying roller-coaster ride.
The latest on the coronavirus will be posted on this page every day. The compilation of stories will be updated frequently to help give you a one-stop spot for up-to-date and pertinent information. Bookmark this page to stay up-to-date.
If you feel any symptoms and want more information about COVID-19, visit the Region of Waterloo public health page.
September 21 updates:
- Canada has 1,584,197 cases of the novel coronavirus in total — 580,768 of those cases are in Ontario. Of those cases, there have been 9,663 deaths, and 564,927 people have recovered. There have been 27,458 deaths and 1,511,597 recoveries in Canada.
- The number of cases in Ontario is listed on the Ontario government’s health page.
- The number of global cases and cases in Canada, by province or territory, are listed on Canada’s public health page (the students, staff self-isolating after positive COVID-19 case in public school age is updated later in the day).
- The World Health Organization has a daily report containing all the suspected and confirmed cases in the world (the report is released later in the day).
- For a full list of community event cancellations and postponements, click here.
September 21 stories:
- Region reports 17 new COVID cases Tuesday
- One new COVID-19 case reported in Guelph on Tuesday
- Ontario reports 574 new COVID cases Tuesday, eight related deaths
- Ontario premier calls for unity after election as COVID-19 vaccine certificates loom
- COVID cases reported in region’s schools in September
September 20 stories:
- Region adds 22 new COVID cases Monday
- 40 new COVID-19 cases in Guelph over the weekend
- Ontario reports 610 COVID cases Monday, two related deaths
- 26 confirmed COVID cases in Guelph and Wellington County schools
- U of G receives 1,400 COVID-19 test kits following shipment delay
- Pfizer says COVID-19 vaccine works in kids ages 5 to 11
- COVID outbreak confirmed at St. Brigid