A 24-year-old man faces a number of charges after Guelph Police found him sleeping in his car.
The call came in early Monday around 4 a.m. reporting a suspicious person in a car, parked at a gas station in the city’s West end.
Police found a man sleeping in the drivers seat of the car, after speaking to the man, he was arrested for care and control of a motor vehicle while under the influence of a drug.
Officers then searched the vehicle and found a number of weapons and drugs, including cocaine and fentanyl, with a street value of $3,600.
The weapons seized included a semi-automatic long gun, and an electric charge weapon.
Dustin Driscoll of Acton is facing the following charges:
- Care and control of a motor vehicle, impaired by drug
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of a restricted firearm
- Careless use of a firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
- Unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm in a motor vehicle
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Two counts of possession of a controlled substance
- Three counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Breaching his Order of Recognizance