Loading articles...

Saturday morning blaze in Guelph caused by unattended candle

Everyone is lucky to be safe after a preventable fire in Guelph early yesterday.

Just before 10am, the fire department was called to a blaze on Wyndham Street.

The fire was quickly extinguished and brought under control, and thankfully everyone got out safely.

The investigation is ongoing and no word yet on damage estimates.

But, it looks like the fire was all started because of a candle being left on an upholstered chair.