The second annual Winter Clothing Drive is about to get underway in Cambridge.
The City and Babcock and Wilcox Canada have teamed up to collect coats, mittens and winter boots to be distributed to the less fortunate.
The items will then be handed out by the local Salvation Army, and the Argus Residence for Youth and The Bridges shelters.
The program runs from December 1st to the 22nd with several drop-off locations throughout the city.
Cambridge Mayor Doug Craig says, “In the true spirit of the holidays, we are encouraging citizens to participate in this program and share a few pieces of their wardrobe with people in need to help them stay warm over the holidays.”
- Cambridge City Hall – 50 Dickson Street
- David Durward 50+ Centre – 62 Dickson Street
- Allan Reuter Centre – 507 King Street East
- W.G Johnson Centre – 31 Kribs Street
- William E. Pautler Centre (located within Langs Health and Wellness) – 1145 Concession Rd.
- Public Works Facility – 1310 Bishop Street