Fire crews in Puslinch and Woolwich Township were busy Wednesday afternoon with field and grass fires.
The biggest fire was at a farmers field at Forestell Road and Wellington Road 32 in Puslinch Township. Photos and video sent to 570 News show a significant portion of the field scorched. Puslinch Fire Chief Bob Gordon tells 570 News about 1/3 of the wheat field was consumed in the blaze.
Gordon says the fire was “possibly caused by one of the machines working the field.”
Earlier in the day Woolwich fire crews got help from a number of other fire crews following a fire at Shantz Station Road and Kossuth Road.
Woolwich fire Chief Rick Pederson reminds us a backyard fire ban remains in effect. He says conditions are so dry a spark, cigarette butt, or even the sun’s magnified reflection onto the grass could start a fire.