A university in Norway has developed a test to see if you’re addicted to Facebook.
The test is based on six statements, and are scored on the following scale: (1) very rarely, (2) rarely, (3) sometimes, (4) often, and (5) very often.
The six statements are:
- You spend a lot of time thinking about Facebook or plan use of Facebook
- You feel an urge to use Facebook more and more
- You use Facebook in order to forget about personal problems
- You have tried to cut down on the use of Facebook without success
- You become restless or troubled if you are prohibited from using Facebook
- You use Facebook so much that it has had a negative impact on your job/studies
If you answer “often” or “very often” to these questions, then you may be suffering from an addiction.
The researchers said a Facebook addiction produces similar symptoms to a drug or alcohol addiction.